Law Practice with Physical Distancing
I continue to be available for new and existing clients. Nonetheless, I have made some changes in line with this new reality we’re all facing:
- Though I am in the office, long meetings or consultations will continue to be done by phone.
- When an in-person meeting is necessary, I have a plan to do so while maintaining the six-foot personal distance for safety. My office is equipped with hand sanitizer, and I clean high-touch surfaces frequently.
Guidelines for In-Person Meetings
- In the office, we will maintain a 6 foot social distance.
- Masks will be worn by all attendees.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer (provided) upon entering.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned before you arrive, and after you leave.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in close contact with anyone who is ill, please do not come. Contact me to make other arrangements.
Divorce & Family Law During Covid-19
The Ontario Superior Court’s operations are anything but usual right now. But life doesn't sit still, and the needs of you and your family are not on hold.
Family law matters in the Ontario Court of Justice are resuming, as of July 6, 2020, with phased reopening. Matters will be heard by teleconference or videoconference, in person, or in a combination of those. The manner in which a case will be heard is decided by a judge.
- The Ontario Court of Justice will continue to hear case conferences in previously adjourned matters, as well as certain other matters.
- New, non-urgent applications are still, as of June 30, 2020, not being heard by the court. But negotiations toward agreements are moving forward in many divorce and family law cases outside of court.
- The Court is hearing urgent motions. Please call or email me right away if you have an urgent need.
- Your court case may have been postponed by the Ontario Superior Court. Please call or email me for more information about how to proceed.
Life and its challenges continue on, even when we're keeping our distance. I'm here. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about your file.